The Vision: We envision a Malawi that is free from sexual exploitation and ruled by the transforming love of Jesus. Through discipleship and encounters with truth, men are set free from the shame of oppression and empowered with healing and purity. Through discipleship, counseling, and career training, women are set free to heal and provide for themselves with dignity. We support Malawians to build a culture and economy that is fueled by freedom and truth.
We hope to unite the church behind this vision. Showing the love of Jesus is ultimately our fuel.
When the Saints dream is to see Africans minister to Africans and to utilize resources from within the country as much as possible. We do not wish to promote dependency as a result of a hand out, but rather seek to empower through sustainability.
We actively seek to partner with foreign and local Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO) as well as churches of any denomination to oversee on the ground services and operations, which fall within the mission of “When the Saints”.
- There are an estimated 27 million slaves in the world today and it is said that 70-80% are sex slaves –Exodus Cry
- Every 2 minutes a girl is trafficked for the purpose of sexual exploitation. Her average age is 13 –Unicef
- Currently 1% of all trafficking victims are rescued. –UN
- Population of about 15 Million.
- The tenth poorest country in the world.
- The 3rd most friendly country in the world.
- In the district of Dowa there are about 300,000 people. It is an area that covers 20 x 30 miles. In 2010 there was a documented 3,459 cases of sexual abuse. Out of those cases only 39 men were prosecuted for an average of 2-3 years. The average age of the girls was 12-13 years old.
- The home that we have opened is the only long term housing facility for young girls who have been sexually abused.
Our first program was to open a safe home for girls who are enslaved for the purpose of sexual exploitation in the country of Malawi. We opened this rehabilitation facility on December 22nd, 2015. This facility will ensure the educational, vocational, nutritional, emotional, psychological and most of all spiritual care of the girls ages 5-15.
When the Saints has creating a documentary that tells the story of what the Lord is doing in Malawi through When the Saints. It also helps the average Christian understand their role in seeing an end to sexual exploitation as it begins within their own heart.
If you would like to buy the film visit our store.
If you would like to host a screening in your home or church, click here.
Current Projects and Future Goals
Over the next 2-3 years we have a Roadmap to Sustainability. Our goal is to slowly phase out external support and have IGA’s (Income Generating Activities) provide the income needed to run the home. In this way the ownership of the home can be fully in the hands of Malawians.
Take a look at our Roadmap to Sustainability.
When the Saints has creating a small group curriculum and compiled a book that helps to empower the average Christian to defend the cause the oppressed.