When the Saints” & “The Good Portion” team up for a Prayer & Worship night @ Mid-Cities Church (6570 Manchester Rd., 63139) Next Wednesday, April 20th from 6:30 – 8:00pm
“I’m so excited to be able to spend my last night with you before heading back to Africa! Email updates are nice and all, but by far I prefer seeing your faces. We’re going to spend some time in powerful worship. Then we’ll pray over the 5 girls we’re working with in our home. I can’t wait to share with you some beautiful stories of healing and also cast the vision of what the next steps toward freedom look like in When the Saints.”
Come help us send David off with a blessing for the next four months in Malawi.
A 13 year old was referred to our home by the police in Mponela. This girl had been through a lot. The moment she entered the gate of our home she heard a voice say, “I sent these people to set you free.” She spent the next three days crying, only to now be filled with joy.
It is truly an honor to be a part of that which is so redemptive.
“There I will give her back her vineyards, and will make the valley a door of hope.
There she will respond as in the days of her youth, as in the day she came up out of Egypt.”
None who have always been free can understand the terrible, fascinating power of the hope of freedom to those who are not free.
Meet James Stull! Our WtS board recently voted James into the position of Board President. Hear from him below.
- How long have you been partnered with WtS? I have served on the board for nearly a year.
- How did you get connected with WtS? My wife and I became interested after a screening of “What Matters?” We have attended a few WtS fundraising banquets, and I was interested in learning more so I asked David to lunch. I asked Him to “tell me his story” and he proceeded to share his passions and dreams for WtS.
- What about WtS do you feel most called to/ why? I love people who are passionate about their calling. I want to work with people who hear God’s voice clearly. I have met few men who, through the power of the Holy Spirit, seem as passion and equipped for their ministry as David Peterka.
- What are you most excited about related to WtS in 2016? I am excited about the real, hands-on, face-to-face work that is being done in Malawi, and the lives that are being changed through the Gospel and the power of the Holy Spirit.
- How has your partnership with WtS impacted you? We live in a sheltered world where we often forget the difficulties and struggles of others. WtS helps me remember the call to be salt and light; to care for those who are oppressed. The work of WtS has helped me to realize the magnitude of sexual exploitation in our world and the multitude of ways that it can be manifested.
- If you could tell everyone on planet earth one thing about WtS, what would it be? Christians have been given the task of spreading the good news to others so that they might be saved. And that is just what WtS is doing in Malawi – spreading the love of Jesus Christ to the abused and to the predators so that they may ultimately be saved in the name of Jesus Christ.